Monday, May 23, 2005

Little Things in Life

Finally after finishing my working stint, I managed to go out under the sun to jog and feel the heat rather than freeze under the ever cold air conditioning at my workplace. Although it was only a temporary job which requires people on project basis, the workload can be quite heavy although the slacking time can also be very apalling. All in all, I did enjoy the job very much, especially the company of my colleagues and friends whom I have not met for yonks.

Anyhow, let's get to the main topic for today. How often do you look up and notice that the sky above us is ever so beautiful and everchanging? I think that most of the time, we just look up and see if there are dark clouds, whether it's going to rain or is it a good time to take out the clothes to dry right? We are always so caught up with our lives, focusing on the tiny minute details of it and yet miss out the nice things around us.

Not everyday do we get to see the blue sky, but today, it's a case of half cloudy and half blue sky. On one side, it's dark with lots of grey clouds and yet on the other side, there are little streaks of white clouds against a blue sky. I was so tempted to take out my lousy digital camera to snap some pictures. I snapped some the last time when I discovered really beautiful clouds but to my dismay, the pictures didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, partly because of the lousy digital camera which I used. Not that I am blaming everything on the camera but this lousy camera failed me on three very important occasions, making me unable to capture some very important moments in my life.

There was once when I was quite sad after going to someone's house, just to drop something at her letterbox, I went to east coast park and stayed there for a while. I closed my eyes for a while and listened to the sea. The waves were rhytmic and very soothing and when I opened my eyes, I noticed the stars above me as I turned my head upwards. Although they were not as many as the sky which I saw in Taiwan, this was good enough for me that day. The few stars did brighten me up and make my day. Although I was sad previously, this made me feel better not because I've forgotten about it but because I've seen another beautiful side of life. They are always there, only a matter of whether you notice it or not.

All in all, I'm a person who enjoys nice scenery especially the sky and sea. (Although I was never in the air force or navy.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home