Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Trip Over the Land of the Setting Sun

After aborting the Japan trip, my friend had asked if I was interested in going to China. This set me thinking very very hard as I had never wanted to go to China, be it because of the people or the living conditions of the place. But anyhow, I decided to go anyway and make use of the opportunity to take more photos with my Asahi Pentax SV.

The trip was a small group tour which consisted of 4 of us and a family. We went to Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing and Wuxi. The lakes were very magnificent I should say, especially since this was my first trip to China.

While I was at Suzhou, the tour guide mocked me for not knowing a very famous chinese poem. Guess what I did? I memorized the poem two days later and managed to memorize it. It was a truly pleasant trip. Learnt many new things and made two friends there... One of whom was a Singaporean and the other a Shanghainese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home