Monday, July 04, 2005

Starting of Uni Life, Informally but still something

After must hesitation on my side, I finally decided to go for the Freshman Orientation Camp. I should say this is quite an achievement as I am generally quite an anti-social person... Nah... I am just lazy...

I heard from friends that going for orientation camps are like paying to go for an army experience all over again, getting ragged and teased by seniors and all but this camp was different. It was fun... The keyword here is fun. The rough program of the camp goes like this:

1st Day OBS and Pulau Ubin
2nd Day Rest and BBQ
3rd Day Games
4th Day Games, Skit and Finale
5th Day Pack up and RTU(return to university)

When I saw that there was OBS and Pulau Ubin, I immediately packed my stuff so that I have enough clothes to let me get wet everyday. However, after being in the camp, I realised that we only get to be wet during the games on the third and fourth day, which really made me change my perception of the camp. I was suddenly filled with enthusiasm after the OBS part of the camp, though it was raining cats and dogs before we proceeded to play our last few activities at OBS.

After that, we had a shower and headed for Ubin. We had this 'secret pal' kinda game and it was like a blind date literally. Selected our secret pal and the game kicked off at midnight. Felt totally like the good old trainee days in NS where we had to walk in the dark in the woods, quite a nostalgic feeling though... Had a good chat with my sp throughout the night and played the games. There was this ping pong ball blowing game which both of us beat the other couple hands down and they had quite a bad forfeit, clipping those clothes peg on their faces if the ping pong ball gets to their side and at each of their side, there are some forfeits.

After the first day, we went back to college for a rest and then proceeded to our chalet. The second day was a relaxing one as we did not have any sleep on the first day. At night, we had our barbeque and I took the chance to cook again... as usual.

The next two days was games and then the Finale. As I felt that the first day was the most interesting, I noted it down. Realised I MIA for about a month before I had this entry...

1 Comments:

At 7/04/2005 10:00 AM, Blogger David Chen Weirong said...

aha~ :D
Glad that you've made such a proactive start to your Uni-life~! Hope the FOC has helped in widening your social circle even b4 u start school~
(this post is coming live frm LaSalle's Library.. I even had to ask for help to power-on the Mac.. hoho..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home