Monday, February 13, 2006

The middle is coming...

Just heard over the radio that the moon tonight will be exceptionally round, rounder than yesterday. Try not to miss it! For your information, yesterday happen to be the last day of the Lunar New Year. This year's new year celebrations were quite a fun experience, my family and I going back to my hometown to visit my relatives and also take a short break from our busy working routine. I've decided to put up a post after a long long time of inactivity due to my busy life in school(I'm living in school for those who don't know).

Just a month plus back, on New Year's eve, I finally set my heart into going down to take photos of the fireworks at the Esplanade area. I brought my antique SLR camera together with my good old Slik tripod and also a backup camera just in case my SLR camera fail me, which it has not so far since I bought it from Hong Kong in 2005.

I went about an hour earlier so that I can secure a good spot on the Sheares Bridge to take photographs of the fireworks, and that happen to be my virgin attempt at taking fireworks in Singapore. When I reached City Hall, I started walking towards the Sheares Bridge, which overlooked the CBD area which comprises of Fullerton Hotel, OUB Centre, the esplanade and some other buildings which I can't recall. However, to my amazement, the walkway was already filled with people including many photographers and couples and I had to walk further down to find a spot. After walking for quite a distance, I saw this couple sitting down and I asked if I could just occupy a little bit of their space. Immediately after I made that request, they stood up and offered me enough space to set up my tripod and camera and even take the pics with great comfort. I'm very grateful to them and really hope to meet them again.

I was testing my camera about ten minutes before the fireworks started and I suddenly realised that the shutter is unable to be released. I tried means and ways to release it but I failed. Fortunately I brought my spare compact digital camera and used it to take the photos. I was greatly disappointed but oh well, my cameras always seem to fail me at crucial moments.

After the fireworks ended, I thanked the couple for their great kindness and proceeded to the Esplanade to meet up with two of my hostel friends to have coffee.

Guess that's all for now and please enjoy the photos below:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home